Monday, April 14, 2008

Long Screws

After the first day of building, although I was not present the whole time, I think it went really well. I'll be honest, I was a little concerned when we were moving the frame for the floor and the boards pulled out so easily due to the short screws. I was not about to walk on something that high off the ground that could possibly fall to pieces at any second due to the short screws that were barely holding it together. For example, if I were doing a head stand in the cabin made of these short screws, I could fall through the floor and snap my spine from the five foot drop directly on my head. However, after I kindly suggested re-enforcing the floor portion of the cabin with longer screws a mere 2-37 times, Mike and Nate bought us some longer screws on the very next trip to get more wood. Now I can walk and stand on my head in the cabin without the fear of falling to my very early death. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend any other building dates because I will not be able to leave Assland due to my outdoor track schedule. For this I am truly sorry, but there ain't shit I can do about it son.

No comments: